Quick Poll: What Are You Looking Forward To?

By Dr Gary Latest Activity October 2 at 11:14 am Views 990 Replies 1 Likes 1

Dr Gary

I am convinced that one of the keys to maintaining an optimistic attitude is to always have something to look forward to. It keeps us involved in the game of life, motivated, and optimistic.

And I am convinced that it is especially important to have something to look forward to if you are living with a chronic condition. Why? Because the effects of a chronic condition – especially on a bad day or a stretch of bad days – along with the day-to-day self-care responsibilities, can make you feel like the future is one long slog.

This may seem like a pretty difficult task. You might be thinking: “The holidays only come once a year. And the next family wedding is a generation away. So what do I do until then?”

Well, shift your perspective, for starters. It’s not only life’s big events that we have to look forward to. There are lots of smaller events along the way. And consider this: having something to look forward to doesn’t have to be an event at all, at least not in the way we generally think of events.

I posted an article on this awhile back. Here’s a link:

http://www.breastcancerconnect.com/breast-can...

So I’m wondering about you. What kinds of things do you look forward to? Later today, tomorrow, next week, next month. What helps you to stay more optimistic?

Need some ideas from other members on what you can be looking forward to in your own life?

I’m looking forward… to hearing from you.

• Report Report as inappropriate
    Email Email
    Print Print Twitter Twitter
    Facebook Facebook

Replies (1 reply)

Add your reply Reply Down